
Our now middle son Carson has always been a real character. He is always in deep thought about things and really analyzes problems and situations. He comes up with the funniest things to say because of his personality, I thought I'd share just a few. His nickname is Love Bug.
Last night he was at the table drawing and cutting away, when he got done he proudly announced that Dad no longer had to go to work and earn money because he had just made some. He just kept saying all night long how excited he was that Dad didn't have to go to work the next day and earn money, Dad could stay home and play with him and if we ran out of money he would make us some more. I guess we talk a little too much about Dad earning money for our family. This is a picture of him and his money.
Yesterday I was changing Brady's diaper and Carson out of the blue asked me if he could have a baby sister!! I was a little shocked and told him to talk to his father about it. I had all but forgotten about it when Dave asked Carson to offer the family prayer. Yep, you guessed it, "Heavenly Father please can we have a baby sister?" What is a mother to do at a time like this, it was so hard not to laugh. He was so sincere about it. Dave immediately looked at me as if I had been putting thoughts into the boys head, AS IF!!!!!
One day while sitting in a drive thru we spotted an American flag atop the Home Depot. I asked Carson if he could see it and he replied, "Yea, because I eat lots of carrots."
In the post office one day we saw a woman with a seeing eye dog. Carson just quietly watched them as they left. Once back in the car I explained to him that the woman was blind and the dog helped her get around. Hours later from the back seat I hear this question, "Why doesn't that blind woman get some mud and put it in her eyes so she can see again?" I was speechless! He had remembered the scripture story about Jesus putting mud on the eyes of a blind man and the miracle that followed. What faith our children have!
I have began to write down all these little stories in my journal. It will be fun to read them to his future wife. I encourage you to do the same thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment