Like many of you we were also very busy the past few weeks. Carson had a performance at school, he dressed like a reindeer and sang lots of fun songs and even learned to sign "Silent Night". Dave has been busy helping Bishop finish up tithing settlement. Adam finished out the semester with a few heavy duty tests. We think he did pretty well on them but don't know for sure yet. I finished up the shopping and wrapping in the nick of time and we were all able to enjoy a relaxing, simplified Christmas this year.
Dave and I decided to try to keep it small and guess what...the boys were just as happy as last year. They really liked the gifts they received and we heard no complaining. I did struggle with this little part of me that wanted to do so much more and give my kids the world, but I knew they didn't NEED anything else. We are busting at the seams in the house!
Christmas Eve was spent at my Dad's parent's home. We ate dinner and then had a special visit from Santa and Mrs. Clause! After that excitement we enjoyed the scripture account of Christ's birth along with the kids dressing up to act out the story.
Dave and I decided to try to keep it small and guess what...the boys were just as happy as last year. They really liked the gifts they received and we heard no complaining. I did struggle with this little part of me that wanted to do so much more and give my kids the world, but I knew they didn't NEED anything else. We are busting at the seams in the house!
Christmas Eve was spent at my Dad's parent's home. We ate dinner and then had a special visit from Santa and Mrs. Clause! After that excitement we enjoyed the scripture account of Christ's birth along with the kids dressing up to act out the story.
The kids woke up early and loved what Santa brought...Adam got a MP3 player, Carson got a radio control truck and Brady got a ball popper train. When we finished opening up our gifts we headed over to my parents house where we ate and opened more gifts. The kids played all day long and were so happy. They slept great that night in their new pj's from Nana. What a wonderful Christmas!
The Nativity Program at Grandma Joy's house.
Adam with Santa & Mrs. Clause at Grandma Joy's house.
Adam got a keyboard!
Both boys got lots of books.
Brady likes his piano.
Good Night!!
6 comments:
Looks like a really fun Christmas! I love your new family picture.
I'm soooo glad you guys didn't get sick after watching our kiddos. Thanks alot! Glad you had a great Christmas . . . you deserved it!
Glad that you've got Christmas figured out...sometimes less is more!
Isn't it interesting how that as there are so many changes in our lives...some things remain the same and we are glad that they never change.
Merry Christmas to you all!
We tried to take it easy on Christmas gifts in our house this year too, with one big present and a few small, less expensive ones and we did really well with that and were so happy with everything we got. We especially liked making gifts for every one this year. It feels more meaningful when you make it I think and so that was our goal and we did really well! We also did shopping at thrift stores and that helped cut costs too!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture of your family. I haven't seen David in over 20+ years, sad I know. Its nice to follow your family.
I love the pic of the boys in their PJ's--I think they are starting to all look so much alike!
Post a Comment