This year was our 4th year of riding the Polar Express and it was just as great as before. We drove to Flagstaff on Saturday and got caught in lots of snow. We are very much desert rats and were a little caught off guard by all the white stuff, but the kids loved it! Sunday we hung out a bit then drove to Williams and checked in to the hotel, had dinner, put the kids' pjs on and then boarded the train. We really have this down to a science! The train made a magical journey to the North Pole while we enjoyed cookies, hot chocolate and read the book "The Polar Express" by Chirs Van Allsburg. When we got to the North Pole we saw Santa and his Elf, Bernard! We stopped for a moment and Santa got on the train and then we headed back to the train depot. We then sung lots of Christmas songs while we waited patiently for Santa to make his way through the other train cars. When he finally made it to us the boys were so excited, even Brady. Santa presented each boy with a beautiful silver bell and wished them a "Merry Christmas". The boys went right to sleep when we returned to our room, they were pooped out!
The view out our room's window.
Santa handing Brady his bell.
The boys and their bells...please excuse Dave's expression!
The Wright family with Mrs. Clause.

I am so happy that we have been able to make these memories with our boys. Dave and I look forward to it each year. Hopefully we can continue it for years to come.
I am so happy that we have been able to make these memories with our boys. Dave and I look forward to it each year. Hopefully we can continue it for years to come.
7 comments:
What a great tradition! My kids would love that!
You guys do so many things to make memories with your boys...congratulations on having your priorities straight.
We are glad you are back safely.
As usual it looks like tons of fun, and I am sad we didn't go! I LOVE the picture of Santa giving Brady his bell!
As usual it looks like tons of fun, and I am sad we didn't go! I LOVE the picture of Santa giving Brady his bell!
Arrgh! EVERY year I want to go & EVERY year I forget to buy tickets in time. It looks like so much fun! Next year remind me when you buy your tix, K? Glad you survived that crazy white stuff.
Fun! And just the right way to start the season! Can't wait to go someday... Love the pics! Also, good job on the Thanksgiving Day feast!
fun fun f u n !!!
Post a Comment