Today was a very special day, it was Stake Conference today and I was set apart as the new Safford Stake Primary President. I have known for a few weeks and it has taken me on quite a roller coaster ride of emotion. I feel very blessed to be trusted with this calling. I feel very inadequate in my abilities to served the children of our stake, but while I was being set apart I was blessed to have "confidence in my calling" and I much appreciated that. I am only 31 and don't feel old enough to have such an important calling. I have never been the president of an auxiliary and never had the opportunity to prayerfully call councilors. When I was called I was handed a list of 1600 sisters and told "good luck". I humbly went to my Father in Heaven and was blessed to be able to come up with 3 names in a matter of 2 days. Dave and I went to the temple and I left with the sweetest feeling, knowing that what was about to happen was right and good. I know I will be so blessed as I serve the Lord. I am thankful to have such a supportive and loving family and husband. I am so blessed.
My sweet sister, Amy, has served as the Stake Primary Secretary for the past 4 years. I can't believe the growth I've seen her go through! She is confident and not afraid to take on difficult challenges. Her testimony has grown so much! She has taught me much and I will continue to lean on her for help and guidance as a voice of experience. Thank you Amy!
12 comments:
Wow, congratulations! That's a huge responsibility, I'm sure you'll do a great job
That is so awesome, Dana! You will be amazing! Have fun with it!!
All I have to say is GOOD LUCK! That's an awesome calling, & I say the younger you are the better. That way you'll be "in" with what's "cool" these days for those rockin' Primary kids.
Congratulations! You will be great!
I know you will do great Dana! You are a great mother and you know what kids like and how to connect with them from what I have seen. It is a big responsibility but I am sure it is very worth iy.
Congradulations Dana I know you'll do a good job! Good Luck!
I am not one bit surprised!!! You will do great!!
Stake calling at 31???? I think you are on the fast track to bigger and higher things! Congratulations!
I am so excited for you and for our stake! You will do an excellent job. When they read your name I said to myself, "Yes, she is perfect for the job!" Great things come in YOUNG packages! :)
See...WE all have confidence in you and the Lord has confidence in you...now you have confidence in yourself and your wonderful counselors and go forth and LEAD!
No doubt that this is a huge challenge and that you'll be up for the job.
Let us help you with your kids and you do the things you need to do!!
Awesome...scary....and so cool! You'll do a great job! Let me know if you need anything!
I am so excited for you! You are going to be so blessed! Thanks for the sweet words! I couldn't have done it without you!
Post a Comment