May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Fun

This past weekend was filled with lots of family and fun. Some of my father's family were here and we all gathered at our family cabin on Mt Graham. We went up Saturday and let the kids play and get really dirty. My cousins have kids the same ages as my kids so there was no lack of playmates...19 kids under age 8! We rested on Sunday and then went back up on Monday. It is so fun to catch up with family and build strong and lasting bonds. Our cabin was built by my great-grandfather when my grandfather was a child. It has had some improvements made over the years but it is still a sentimental place to go, full of rich family heritage and tradition. The kids love to hike to "cow canyon" and be taken to the "bear cave" just as I did as a kid. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful place to go and relax. Here are some pictures from our weekend...


Papa and Grandma Joy with 19 of the almost 40 great-grandkids


Papa and Grandma Joy Larson


Adam with his 2 headed marshmallow roasting stick


Carson making smores

Brady hanging out and trying not to get dirty


5 comments:

Kris said...

I can't believe you've already found time to blog about this! I'm still draggin' this morning. What a weekend!!!

We're All Wright said...

What a wonderful family you have... both your own and your extended family!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

It was fun...wasn't it? So many kids and so much DIRT!
Thanks for taking the pictures and reminding us of just why we do these things...

Jason and Amanda said...

What cute pics! I love the one of Brady! So much fun...so little time! We'll have to make another trip up there to escape the heat again!

Janae said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all! I am jealous that you guys have a cabin up there!