March 16, 2009

A little accident

Saturday morning my dad called as asked if he could take my boys with him to watch the tractor pulls in Phoenix, I had to think for only a half a minute and gladly said "yes". I buckled them in to the car and wished them a happy trip. Not even a hour later my dad called as said, "We've had a little accident." I was thinking, did one of the boys spill on their clothes or wet them self?? Then he said, "We are all ok." Right then a there it hit me that he was talking about a car accident. A intoxicated lady had decided to make a U-turn in front of them and my dad hit here square on. Everyone in our car was restrained and no one was bleeding. The boys were shaken up but fine. My dad must have been running on adrenaline as he called 911, helped the boys, and even took pictures. After a while the shock started to wear off and he began to have chest pain, he has had heart problems in the past and this is always worrisome. He also takes blood thinners and so the bruises started showing right away. He made the decision to ride to the hospital in the ambulance and checked out. By that time my mom and Dave had made it there and Dave brought the boys home to me. Turns out that dad is fine, a little black and blue and sore, but fine.
I am so thankful that we had family prayer that morning and that Heavenly Father blessed our family. We always pray for safety, but this time it meant so much more. Here are a few pictures of the scene. (the lady was flown from the scene but released the next day). Dad drove the grey Buick.



12 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

So crazy and scary...Jason had just talk to your Dad as he was leaving Ft. Thomas, then a few minutes later we got a similar call. I'm so glad everyone was okay and that everyone was buckled in! Reagan did miss the boys at at the tractor show though!

Janae said...

Oh my! I am glad that everyone one is okay. Tell your Dad to take it easy for a few days! Of course, remind the boys that this is why we ALWAYS buckle and say our prayers! Our love and prayers are with you!

Tracy Collings said...

How scary! I'm so glad they are all okay.

Unknown said...

I am so glad it all turned out ok. We love you guys.

Bump and Erin said...

Oh my gosh! I would be scared to death to get a phone call like that! I am so glad that everyone is okay!

Miranda said...

Im so happy everyone's ok. Give your family my love!

Amy Allred said...

What a scary day! I am so glad that things were okay in the end. Even though dad lost his Buick.

Erick & Kami Wright Family said...

Wow! glad everyone was ok

Kris said...

I have to say Dana- you need to work on your "something horrible has happened" phone call. I was near tears & terrified all day until you called me back! I'm so grateful that everyone's all right. I'll get their get well cards mailed one of these days!

Hope to see you soon.

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

What a scary phone call...glad everyone is ok!

Friend Family said...

I came across your blog from a link on Wendy Gooding's blog (she is my first cousin). My family was on our way to Mesa from Thatcher and were the fourth car stopped behind the accident. We were wondering what happened in the accident. How strange that I would just run across it. Glad to hear that everything was ok. There were so many ambulances and police at the scene that we thought it was worse.

Valerie said...

Oh, my gosh!!!!! I was so there! we were like 5 maybe 6 cars back from the accident right after it happened! I am so glad they are all okay!! I was headed into Safford that morning for my sister Margaret's baby shower and ran late because of the accident! I am so glad they were okay!! My daughter Krista, 9, was with me and we were worried for whomever was in the accident because we were so close to it! Oh, Dana! I am so glad that Kent and your boys are okay!!!