October 14, 2008

It's Autumn Time

This is the song we learned last week in preschool and it's so fitting because this weekend autumn arrived in Safford, AZ. It's never a gradual thing, one day it is in the 90's and the next a storm blows through and the temp drops 30 degrees. It always happens the second weekend in October. I have lived here all my life and I can count on county fair weekend for the weather to turn cold. I use the term cold loosely because on my cousin's blog today I saw it was 27 degrees in Eagle River Alaska. I am the first to admit that I am hot blooded through and through. I love it when the sun actually bakes your skin. Wonderful!

Dave's family came this past weekend and we went to the Graham County fair Friday night. The kids rode some rides, we ate dinner, looked at the animals, walked through the exhibit buildings, and watched the freaks that inevitably come out during fair weekend, I don't know where they hide the rest of the year.

Saturday morning we chose to go to the pumpkin patch even though it was raining. We lucked out and missed the rain, but were left with the mud. We bravely navigated an 18 acre corn maze, went on a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and found 3 of the most perfect pumpkins, and and took some great pictures (the real reason I go every year). We ate kettle corn, yum, and the kids enjoyed playing in the corn kernels. Dave's sister Heather came with us, she has 5 little ones. We
ended the day eating in Willcox, AZ at Carters. They have the best root-beer and hamburgers!



2 comments:

Amy Allred said...

I wish I could have come with you! Looks like you had a blast.

Jason and Amanda said...

Love the pics! My first memory of Apple Annies was when Adam was just a toddler. Boy has he grown since then!