August 4, 2008

Our busy week...

This past weekend we took a little trip to Tucson to so some last minute school shopping. We stayed at the same resort that my sister Amy stayed at a few months ago. It is sooo nice! My boys favorite feature was the TV in the bathroom. They loved taking a bath in the giant bathtub while watching the Disney channel. We swam at the pool both nights, the weather was perfect! They have all these nature trails and on leads up to a waterfall, the water then runs down a stream and into several koi ponds on the property. The kids got to feed the koi and catfish in the ponds. This is some place we will defiantly go back to.

We did get all the school shopping done. New clothes, shoes, backpacks, lunch boxes and crayons! We should be set to start on Wednesday. Adam's teacher is Mrs. Shaw and Carson will attend Mrs. Bingham's preschool.






















Before we left for Tucson on Thursday, Dave came home with a "little" gift for me... The price of SUVs have dropped dramatically in the past few months and he just couldn't pass it up. It has a sun roof and a DVD player with headphones and leather seats. It was a VERY nice trip to Tucson, the kids watched the movie with the headphones while Dave and I listened to the radio at the same time. I just can't believe that I am driving a Suburban!! That's what Moms with huge families drive. I guess I'll adjust to it soon enough.

Saturday night we helped my nephew Rusten celebrate his 2nd birthday. We had a mud party for him. The kids loved getting really really REALLY muddy! Papa and Uncle Tanner and Uncle Scott worked really hard to finish the train so the kids could ride on it. It is so fun! Carson especially loves the train and is so proud that he helped Papa build it.

2 comments:

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

That is a nice Suburban, don't you just love all of the room! Way to go Dave!!!

Amy Allred said...

What a spoiled little brat!! j/k I am very jealous. Glad you had a great weekend and was able to get back for Rusten's party. Thanks for comming.