Last Sunday we got a new Bishopric. That is always an exciting thing to happen. I had taken Brady out because he was being really loud and I was listening from the lobby. I heard the speaker say that a new Executive Secretary (Bishop's secretary) had been called and then he said Dave's name. Imagine my shock/surprise/unbelief/confusion. When I finally got back in to sit down next to Dave he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I got a little upset needless to say. He later told me that when he had gone in for his temple recommend interview earlier that week he received the call. They told him to keep it a secret and that is just what he did. Dave has apologized and I realized he was just following orders. I have now accepted his new calling with all my heart and I know it is an inspired calling, but it was hard to hear of it while in the lobby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats Dave! I am sure he will do such a great job!
Way cool Dave!!!
Post a Comment