August 8, 2010

Summer Time Fun

I can't believe that school will soon be starting and our summer time fun is coming to an end. I am a true AZ girl, I worship the sun and love the warm weather. I love spending time outside with my family. I'm going to miss the lazy days of summer. Here is a glimpse of what we have been doing.
Cousin Rusten invited us to his 4th birthday party. It was a hunting party. The boys loved getting to shoot the BB guns.
We spent some time picking peaches at Apple Annies in Wilcox, AZ. We brought them home and I made peach jam and canned peaches. I also got a box of peaches from my grandma and have canned another 18 pints of peaches! They're like little bottles of sunshine sitting on my pantry shelf.

Dave promised to take the boys fishing. His brother bought a house and it has a pond on the property. The boys loved it! They each caught a few and then called Uncle Scott to teach them how to clean them. The fish were pretty little so there wasn't much meat but the boys didn't care. We took the meat home and fried it up. Carson declared it was the best fish he ever ate!





1 comment:

Arabeth said...

Looks like a fun summer.:) Too bad the summer time seems to fly by sooooo Fast.