We had the opportunity to make a quick trip to Tucson to see our favorite group...Due West!! The whole family went and loved every minute of it. We considered it our reward for making good choices...let me explain. Back in January Due West announced that they were going on a small tour to Utah in March. I got right on the computer and bought 2 second row tickets to see them in St George, and boy was I excited! A few weeks after that we learned that Adam was going to be racing in his District Pine Wood Derby on the same day as the concert. It was a difficult decision but we decided to stay home and cheer on our boy. I was so bummed to miss the concert but happy that I was able to send the tickets to someone who could use them.
On Friday my sister, Kris, sent me an email saying that Due West was going to be preforming at a opening of a dentist office not too far from her house in Tucson. Needless to say I was jumping up and down with excitement! We took the kids out of school a little early and headed to Tucson. It was way better than seeing them in St George...we got to hang out and talk to them for a while before the concert began, we took pictures and got autographs and bought a pre-released copy of their CD. Yeah!! Then we got to sit at their feet, literally 25 feet from them and listen to them serenade us for over an hour. It was heaven!! My boys loved it!! I wish them all the luck in the world and am looking forward to seeing them become really famous.
Dave getting to know the boys and getting our CD signed.

4 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SONG!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! I am so glad that you guys got to go!!!
Well, I sure am glad I checked the attachment on that e-mail! A dental office- kinda random, but such a GREAT concert.
I do believe that Due West has a bunch of new fans at our house. Andy kept saying how impressed he was with them, & Frank has been singing "don't rock it" over & over since last night.
It was great to see you guys, even if you weren't really interested in seeing us, just the band!
Cool concert--never thought of one at a dentist's office! I've got catch the Due West act someday...
Oh...that explains the picture on FB. That is so great you got to see them closer to home. What fun!
Post a Comment