I finally have a free moment to blog a little about our wonderful weekend. Dave and I were going to be going to Mesa Saturday morning and spending the night and had asked my parents to keep the 2 older boys. They decided to go ahead and keep them Friday night also because they were going to the ground breaking of our temple early Saturday morning (I know we are so bad for not attending). So Friday night was a bonus for us! We cleaned house and did dishes and laundry and just relaxed. On Saturday we made our way to Mesa with no real plan, we could shop where we wanted, eat where we wanted and take it at our own pace, it was wonderful! I was determined to find a dress for my birthday and must have tried on a million different styles. I was successful in finding something and even bought myself a new pair of shoes. It was so great not to contend with kids while shopping and going in to the dressing rooms, my idea of a vacation.
We stayed at the Arizona Golf Resort, it was nice, a bit old, but well maintained. It was probably a fantastic place 20 years ago. Our room over looked the fairway, the grounds were so beautiful. Valentine's night we ate at the Steakhouse on the property and tried something new...a 5 course/2 hour dinner. I know, you can call me sheltered or a country bumpkin if you'd like but I have never eaten a 5 course dinner before. Dave and I chose different things so we could try as many new things as possible, I was surprised to find out that I really like butternut squash soup and brazed beef cannelloni! Dave tried stuffed mushrooms and hanger steak and they were so good! Brady was so good and the other customers were so kind and understanding. We were the youngest in the place by FAR, the hotel is right next to a large retirement community, it made us feel young again.
We are sooo thankful to my parents for keeping the boys! It's nice to know that they were well taken care of.
On Monday we loaded up again and made a trip to Tucson. Adam has wanted a suit for a while now and I promised him that we'd get him one before his baptism. We found one at JC Penny's and he is so happy! We also made a trip to Cost Co and stocked up on flour and sugar and a few other staples. I have been doing a lot of baking lately and we're going through a #10 can of flour a week, YIKES! I'm amazed at how much we'll really need for a year's supply but I suppose every little bit can help.
It turned out to be a fantastic weekend full of family and fun. It was great to reconnect with Dave and remind myself that I really like him, I like hanging out with him and I find him really funny. Sometimes in life we get so busy we forget the reason we married each other. I hope each of you will take a moment and remember that moment you knew you'd marry him and why you liked
him so much. Love to all!




4 comments:
Glad to be able to help a little bit so you guys could have a great weekend. We really enjoyed your boys and hope they had a good time too.
Happy Birthday Dana! Can NOT believe that you are (31). I was thinking this a.m. about when you were born and how young and dumb Dad and I were...thankful that you turned out good IN SPITE of your parents!
Have a great day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANA!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!
I would have been happy to watch Brady when you ate dinner had I known.Maybe next time
What a great time! Not only spending time with your hubby, but the two of you having time with just your baby was special, I'm sure. Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment