December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Carson

Our sweet middle son Carson turned 5 years old today. He has the quirkiest personality of anyone I have ever met. I was due on Christmas day (and so was my sister), he decided to come a little early all by himself (thank goodness). He came out of my belly sucking on the doctor's finger and he still sucks his thumb, he had lots of crazy hair at birth and he still has LOTS of crazy hair, as a baby he had the longest tongue I had ever seen and he still has an extremely long tongue, Gene Simmons comes to mind (he can touch his nose with his tongue). Carson's full name is Carson Kent Wright, it wasn't until after we named him that my brother pointed out that if you say it really fast is says, "Carson Can't Write", thanks Tanner! When we blessed him the member of the bishopric conducting announced that, "Carson Kent Larson will be blessed today", Larson is my maiden name.

A lot of things can change in 5 years, but our love for him is still the same. Being due so close to Christmas gave me a greater appreciation for Mary, Christ's mother. I remember being overwhelmed with love and admiration for her and that feeling remains today. Carson has made Christmas that much more special at our house. Happy Birthday Carson!!!

This is the earliest digital pictures I have of Carson. I didn't have time to scan his "baby" pictures.


Carson wanted a "monster truck" cake, so I improvised, don't laugh. He put the candles on.



5 comments:

Arabeth said...

I like the cake. What a cute boy you have.

Amy Allred said...

HAPPY BIRATHDAY CARSON!!! We love you so much. You definetly bring some spunk to our family. What would we do without you??

Kris said...

Happy Birthday!
Oh Carson, what a crazy little spirit you have! We love you so much & hope you had a great day. See you tomorrow!

The Chidesters said...

Even though I know Jesse told you over and over again, "Happy Birthday Carson", it doesn't hurt to say it again! Jesse feels so lucky to have such a good friend as you. That cake looks yummy!

Unknown said...

We were all doubly bless to have Carson and Emma come into our family that Christmas season 5 years ago...what special spirits they both are.
Happy Birthday Carson...keep on marching to your own drummer and you will never be out of step!