January 21, 2011

Where to even begin...

My apologizes to all of our adoring fans. I don't know what my problem is, I just haven't been interested in blogging lately. Today I plan to remedy this. So sit back, relax and get ready to catch up with the Wright family!
The week prior to Christmas we celebrated Carson's 7th birthday. It's not really fair that the kids get cheated out of a real birthday every year because we are so caught up with plans for Christmas, but he takes it all in stride and hasn't complained yet. This year Dave and I planned an intimate party at home. I'm glad we didn't do something more extravagant because most of the guests ended up sick and couldn't come. I called the neighbors an hour before it started just we would have some guests.
The menu was taken from a restaurant we went to in Tucson called the Cereal Boxx. We had several different types of cereals and toppings for the kids to eat. They loved it! We then played a few games, opened gifts and had carmel apples for dessert (Carson choose this). The evening ended with the kids watching 'Despicable Me'. It was very low key but I think the kids had a good time. Carmel Apple with candles?? Yep!!
Carson got to preform in a school Christmas program. Only the younger grades put on the Christmas show. He was a cute little elf!
Next came Christmas. As usual we spent Christmas Eve at my grandparent's house. We did the nativity, Santa visited and we played a crazy game of white elephant. Then we hurried home to get in bed. Dave had to work this year which was a bummer, but we made it work and Christmas turned out great! The boys got up Christmas morning, played with their Santa gifts and stocking gifts. Then I allowed them to open one specific present...the Wii. I got that set up and working for them, then we got ready and went to my parents house for breakfast and more gifts. Dave got there about 11am and we headed back home to open our gifts. It was kind of nice because it made the day last longer. We all got some great gifts! The older boys got Paper Jam guitars, bikes and basketballs. Brady got lots of toy tools...just what he wanted! Daddy gave the family a big popcorn machine. Mommy was given a Silhoute machine and a indoor grill. Daddy got a iPod full of songs and conference talks.




Thank you to everyone who helped us have a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Amy Allred said...

Love all the pics! I cannot believe how tall Adam looks next to Carson! He looks like he's grown a foot in the last month!