May 17, 2010

The Gila Valley Temple

If you have not already heard, a temple has just been built just a few minutes away from our home. We are so very excited to be able go anytime we want. It is so beautiful! We've already had some very special experiences. We took the boys through the open house twice and they were so reverent! As we left the celestial room Adam whispered to me, "Mom, I felt the Holy Ghost in there."
Dave and I were able to help with the ushering at the temple last week. I got to be right outside the celestial room door and greet visitors as they entered the room. I loved seeing their faces, every single person would stop and look up at the massive chandelier and just stare in awe. Several children bent down and rubbed the carpet. I loved watching parents stop their children before entering and quietly explain about the celestial room. As they left the room, many visitors had tears running down their face. The spirit was so strong!
I've already made reservations for a session on opening day. My brother and sister in law, Forest and Ashley, are going to be the first sealing in the temple! I can't wait to be there!!
What a blessing this temple is!!!

1 comment:

Jason and Amanda said...

Love the temple pic! So beautiful and such a blessing! We are so lucky!