July 27, 2009

A Little R&R

This past weekend our family went on a mini vacation to Tucson. The purpose was to shop for school clothes and get a little time away before school starts, but I ordered the kids some stuff online and felt pretty good about their wardrobes. So we just spent the time at the pool instead! We stayed at the Westin La Paloma Resort and here is my review of the place...it was probably a really nice place 20 years ago and I can tell they are trying to keep it a nice property but it's still an old place. The one great part of it is the pool area, it has a 177 foot water slide and a separate kiddie pool. The boys LOVED the slide and by the boys I mean Dave too. All in all it was a great trip, but if you're looking for a nice resort in Tucson call me and I can give you a few suggestions.
No wise cracks about Dave's tan lines...
While in Tucson we took the kids to the I had never heard of this place before, we are so glad that we got to go. It is full of all kinds of animals...not live animals mind you...but animals just the same. The boys loved it! It was a really great place to stay out of the heat and learn about the animals of the world.


I am so happy that my kids are still young enough to enjoy being with their parents. We love making memories with my family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad that you got to do something special before school starts...I'll bet that Adam can write up a neat "What I did this summer" from this trip!

Amy Allred said...

I am WAY jealous!! Looks like you had lots of fun! I LOVE Dave's tan! (or lack there of!) ;)